Let's give this a try...

Those of you who know me probably know I enjoy cooking and if you didn't know that, now you do. This little blog, as you see in the title, is called “The Bobby Flay Experiment”. This idea was really my wife's so I can't take all the credit. My plan, over an undetermined amount of time, is to cook my way through one of Bobby Flay's cookbooks. I guess I should define “cook my way through”: by this I mean go through the cookbook and pick out the ones that look the best to me. I'd do them all but, as it stands, I have neither the time nor the funds to hit every one (c'mon people, lobster ain't cheap).

Why Bobby Flay? He's my favorite Food Network chef. I'm an admitted Food Network junkie and Bobby has some of the best recipes out there (most of them involving chipotle). He's the guy I'd pick to sit down, have a good meal with and just shoot the breeze.

Why a blog? I also like writing but never really have a good outlet for it. In the past I've written four restaurant reviews for azcentral.com and received a lot of good feedback from them. I liked writing about food so I thought this would be another great opportunity to do just that. Whether anybody actually reads this or not is not really a concern of mine but I always love to hear feedback, positive or otherwise. I just hope to improve my writing skills.

I hope to write about not just the meals and cooking them but also about some of the techniques used and maybe even the shopping trip for ingredients (this will hopefully involve at least one trip to Lee Lee asian market). I may even invite some friends over for Bobby Flay Night to share the meal I've made but please don't get all offended if you don't get a call. I can't feed everybody.

As time goes on I may branch out and do other recipes from other chefs that catch my eye but I've got a good list of recipes from Mr. Flay so I should be good for a while. Here's to hoping this actually stays updated. Please follow me and stay tuned for updates!

Comments